Skip to main content

Palačinke na 101 način // 101 way on the pancake

Recently I started cooking more. I possibly even love it,but don't want to admit it aloud. It may have something to do with if  more people knew I'd be 'forced' to cook more and I'd start to hate it,which I don't want. You see I'm cooking for me, selfish? I don't care.  Being selfish can be good for you. If you don't help yourself,how are you going to help anyone else?

So if I have ingredients,little time and will and don't want to spend money I'll make some ( Ain't nobody have time for day long cooking,my case 30 min is the limit- I'm a student after all). I like to experiment with flavors and tropical/ oriental food (mostly fruit) but making pancakes is pretty much classic.

I've made mine with every sort of milk/dairy possible including soya and other vegan style (and with water if I didn't' have any of it),with fruit,chocolate, without eggs! even flour = guess what?! Everything works and it's yummy

1. Recipe everybody knows
Eggs + little bit of salt +  sugar + milk and done

2. Or you can go American style and make mix little bit thicker and add baking powder to it.
I think I like classical better but this ones are fluffier :)
U can add little bit of butter if you're sassy. It improves the taste


3. I'm lactose intolerant so I tried every sort of replacement you can think of.
Goat milk was first -it's still dairy though ,  (it's lighter which helps but it has strong taste as a minus)   you hardly taste the difference. Test it on a friend who can't stand that milk.

Vegan milks -soya,rice,oat,wheat, comb of each, almond... Aren't usual.
Let's make it clear : it's expensive
The cheapest is 10 kn in DM (their product) and it goes up till 30!!
Funny thing is making them is so easy.

My favorite is Alpro soya light - little bit sweet you don't taste that strong smell? Of unpeeled bean but Alnatura is good too. With chocolate is perfect in pancakes.!
 Anyway don't expect it to be like cow's but it's good,not as thick and you can combine it with cinnamon,vanilla any fruit
It works wanders
Rice drink is bland and too watery for my taste,oat one is thicker and almond is  well nutty but I like it alone.Coconut gives me that summer vibe which I love.
So go nuts cause anything goes
+ lactose minus dairy is here (doesn't do wanders in my department and is little sweeter than usual cow's)

You can always use water instead just add more flavors -sugar/honey,vanilla,cinnamon....

4.Don't have eggs? You're good
It's still works + use sliced apple/banana for better taste ( put little baking powder) it smells awesome and you'll wish for more.

5. No flour? By any chance have some cornflakes near or oatmeal?
Great! Smash them till they become almost powder ( I used a glass so no need for special equipment) + add egg mixed it with little milk or crashed banana if using oatmeal
Mixture should be little thicker and go make small pancakes like Americans

6.Melt chocolate/add cacao -you'll thank me :)

7. American pancakes with a twist
Add apple+ spoon of margarine (butter is OK too but I don't use it),cinnamon, orange zest /peel mix it with flour, milk/water add egg (or don't),vanilla sugar,tea spoon of baking powder and its heaven

8. If you have more time on your mind: mix egg,sugar,cottage cheese (ABC sir for me) and fill pancakes with it and bake them till they get little colour
There are so many options and it's easy so have fun!



*sorry for potential errors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AGONIJA IZRASTANJA KRATKE KOSE -cautionary tale

Been a while ha? Evo da vas upozorim prije nego ugledate slatku sliku neke zvijezde i pomislite baš bi bilo lijepo da imam kratku kosu. Kad kažem kratku -mislim pixie cut short kao Halle Berry,Rihanna ili malo duže. Ne do vrata ili ramena,čak ne ni do ispod uha-jer je to middle zone-poluduga kosa. Nisam bila toliko naivna,da mislim da će mi izgledat kao Natalie Portman -čiju frizuru sam ja htjela. I sad kad ju vidim želim se opet ošišati,ali ček ček!, ali sam mislila da će mi bar izrast zdrava kosa natrag,bit će jednostavna za stilizirat i izgledat ću cute. Jesam njene visine i nakon 50 stranica zaključila sam da imam ovalno lice,pa će mi stajati. Stajala mi sa 6 g-kad sam bila rumena-zašto ne sad? Nisam bila opterećena tim da bi mogla izgledat kao dečkić - jer eto znam da sam petite curvy girl, a i da sam kao Lisbeth Salander -pa što? Ne oblačim se za druge.      Nakon pomnog razmišljanja o skoro pola godine i traženje dobrih frizerki ,gledanja tutoriala frizure :) odlučila sam

1 week 1 healthy meal a day with OATS

(A very long) disclaimer,which u can skip : I am not fast food fan -haven't eaten hamburger/hot dog or anything from chains like mcdonalds ever (except some snickers ice cream that I couldn't finish).I don't like pizza. Yes,and I said it to a Italian girl. Let's just say I've spent hours in wc after eating some ordinary ones in last 7-8 years.However they weren't homemade,so if I really don't have time nor choice I'll eat my moms or make one I can endure. Having said that I din't particulary follow the food I eat to check kcal,or is it nutritious in any way. I am a full time student so most of the time I eat lunch,sometimes breakfast/dinner, in one of student canteens They are sort of like your average minus hotel restaurants with mostly not healthy food. No. 1 meat is pork in everything and 90% of time breaded/fried. Most of the food is super greasy,fried and cheapest that they can afford. Combinations tend to be odd like fish fingers and some